For Nuffic’s Netherlands Education Support office (NESO) in South Africa we have an opening for an Education Promotion Officer.
Nuffic Neso South Africa (NESO) is an overseas office of Nuffic and part of a worldwide network of Netherlands Education Support Offices that operates in locations of strategic importance for Dutch higher education.
The main activities of NESO are:
- Providing information for South African students on study and funding opportunities in the Netherlands
- Providing information on study programmes and internship places for Dutch students in South Africa
- Market information and analysis
- Holland Alumni network
- Project development and management
- Capacity development in education
What will you be doing?
As Education Promotion Officer you will have the following tasks:
- Develop and implement the Study in Holland campaign in South Africa and possibly other countries in the region.
- Operationalise all online and offline education promotion activities, including social media, events, presentations, and outreach activities at universities/schools
- Provide information and guidance to South African students and other interested parties about study/research opportunities in the Netherlands.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of specific projects and programmes like the Orange Tulip Scholarship programme or NRF-Nuffic Doctoral training programme.
- Support higher education cooperation between the Netherlands and South Africa by acting as a facilitator between stakeholder from both countries.
- Contribute to education market analyses and reports.
- Maintain and expand a network of contacts with education institutions, prospective/current students, , suppliers, press, government, companies.
You will report directly to the Regional Director Southern Africa regarding activities and results and you will work closely with colleagues in South Africa, the Netherlands, and other NESO offices world-wide.
You are a responsible, proactive and result-driven individual and you fulfil the following job requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject, e.g. Marketing, Communications, Business or Management.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Up to date knowledge of and successful in online and offline marketing (incl. social media, SEO, campaigns
- Understanding of marketing, market analysis, trends and strategy, specifically in the field of education
- International study or work experience as well as knowledge of Dutch (higher) education is desirable
- Proven skills in networking, presentation, communication and event organizing
- Excellent verbal and written command of English
- Proven success in project management
- Sound computer skills, especially in MS office applications
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Willing and able to work and travel outside regular office hours
- You have the right to work legally in South Africa.
We can offer you:
- A dynamic and international work environment;
- Salary range 24,320-39,952 ZAR/month;
- A one-year contract
For more information or to apply
For more information about the position, please contact Ms. Tshegofatso Gasealahwe of Nuffic Neso South Africa via +27 (0)12 3460646.
Please send your letter of application and CV no later than 12 March 2019 via e-mail to email@example.com mentioning ‘Education Promotion Officer’ in the subject line.
First round interviews will take place on 19/20 March 2019 and second round interviews on 26 March 2019. Starting date: in mutual agreement.