Wie zoet is krijgt lekkers… Sinterklaas will arrive in our country soon. As a Holland Alumni, you probably remember the celebration of Sinterklaas from when you were here. We eat a lot of chocolate and other sweets like pepernoten, write poems and give a lot of gifts to our friends and family on the 5th of December. This year, even though you are back in your home country, you can celebrate Sinterklaas with your friends and family as well! We have 10 amazing gift boxes full of Sinterklaas-related goodies and you can win one!
What you can win:
We give away 10 welll-filled gift boxes full of Sinterklaas goodies, each worth 50EURO. Of course there will be pepernoten and a chocolate letter in it, but we also have a very nice surprise. Hint: It’s big and it’s made out of chocolate. To make the celebration complete, we also put some non-food items in it so that you can celebrate Sinterklaas to the fullest!
How to win:
- Post a picture online of your best Sinterklaas memory, thought or anything else that is about Sinterklaas and the celebration. It can be an already existing picture from the time you were here, or you can make a new one! It’s up to you which picture you post and what the picture represents.
- Share the picture online on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter
- Use the hashtags #hollandalumni and #alumnisinterklaas
- Tag at least one friend you want to celebrate Sinterklaas with
- Make sure you have an account on www.hollandalumni.nl
The deadline to take part in this contest is extended to 26 November 2018. Join and maybe you will be the winner of one of the boxes and celebrate the best Sinterklaas ever! We try to get the box in your country before 5 December so that it will be on time to celebrate Sinterklaas, however we cannot guarantee this.
Please, before you participate and post a picture, make sure you read and agree with our terms and conditions:
Terms and conditions
1. The Holland Alumni network is part of Nuffic, the Dutch organisation for internationalisation in education (www.nuffic.nl).
2. In order to participate in this contest, you must have registered on www.hollandalumni.nl. The contest is meant for old members as well as for new members. Everybody with a Dutch study or work experience can register on the website.
3. The goal of this contest is to acquire more active members on our website to enlarge our platform.
4. You can participate in this contest from (13-11-2018 until 26-11-2018). Nuffic, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest at any time.
5. One of our team members chooses the winner and the outcome cannot be disputed.
6. If there is an unfair participation, for example using a picture that is not yours or shows aspects that could hurt people or be offensive in any way, you will be disqualified.
7. You can only participate with one photo.
8. By participating in the contest, you agree that we may announce your first- and last name on social media in case you are the winner.
9. In case you win the contest, we will ask your address data in order to send you the package. We will ask your permission again for sharing your address data with Nuffic. After we have send you the package, your address data will be deleted from our system.
10. Nuffic won’t use your (private) data you give us for this contest for any other purposes than this contest.
11. If you don’t want to participate in this contest any longer, remove your post before 26 November 2018.
12. You guarantee your photo is your own work and there is no infringement of intellectual property whatsoever. Should a third party claim intellectual property rights on the photo, you are solely responsible for this claim.
13. By participating, you agree that we can use your photo on social media for a period of one year, starting from the day the contest ends.
15. To participate, you have to be at least 18 years old.
16. By entering this contest, you automatically accept these terms & conditions.
Update 28 November:
Yesterday, we had to choose the winners of our Sinterklaas contest, which was very difficult to do. All the nice pictures made us very happy and we want to thank everyone who participated!
All the winners have been contacted. If you see your name below, but you have not send you address data yet, please do so as soon as possible. We have contacted you through LinkedIn (If you posted your picture on LinkedIn) or the e-mail you gave up on the Holland Alumni website.
The winners are:
Maria Eugenia Jiminez
Chen Lester Wu
Mine Sanem Ozkan
Pelinsu Beril Askin