PARIVARTHANA, RURAL DEVELOPMENT SOCIETY, SHIRALAKOPPA
PARIVARTHANA, Rural Development Society is working for the development of the people in Shikaripura taluk of Shimoga district. this organization inception in 04/04/1994, inspiration in the tireless guidance & initiatives of Mr; B,J,Prasanna District Youth Coordinator of the Nehru Yuva Kendra, MHRD, GoI, Shimoga, under the Ex-National Service Volunteer(NSVs) promotional activity for Mr; D.Shankarappa Ex-NSV. To involve the Ex- NSVs in the National Development programmes. Direction and order passed by Dy Director (prog) of NYKS, MHRD, GoI, New Delhi on 23/11/1993.
“PARIVARTHANA AN AGENT OF SOCIAL CHANGE”
PARIVARTHANA is a committed to the cause of suffering masses and endeavours to reduce the vulnerability of the socially and economically marginalized communities to enable them emerge ECONOMICALLY INDEPENDENT AND SOCIALLY DIGNIFIED.
PURPOSE OF ESTABLISHMENT;
PARIVARTHANA is a registered organization established in the year 1994 having an aim to serve the community in terms of social, cultural, economical, educational and environmental promotional activities and to build a good socially responsible society. It aimed to look for the development of the rural poor, empower them towards their sustainability.
Parivarthana is a grassroots and social service organization working from the past two and half decades at Shikaripura taluk of Shimoga district in Karnataka state transforming the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable communities on a self-sustainable and socially equitable basis. PARIVARTHANA literally means “Change” “Change is the rule of Nature” or Evolutionary. The Participatory approach of Parivarthana has been to involve the communities in every stage of planning and implementation which has ensured participation of the community is full-fledged and the communities feel a sense of ownership.
PARIVARTHANA Envisions; A society founded on justice and Peace devoid of all forms of disparities where all people enjoy equal rights and opportunities availing to their favour, their rightful share in the abundantly available resources and thus emerge economically independent and socially dignified.
In order to realize the vision, PARIVARTHANA endeavours to optimize the potentials of the marginalized and poor communities in state of vulnerability through their own willful participation and viable measures of organized and planned collective social action to claim, avail and enjoy their rightful share of power, status and resources.
Motto of organization is to create an environment of socialization and cultural Understanding, equitable distribution of wealth and mutual help, social justice, peace, love and humanity.
PARIVARTHANA contributed immensely in the effective Implemented development projects in Shikaripura Taluq of Shimoga District in Karnataka. And its comprehensive holistic approach to improve the quality of life of the rural communities is FACILITATING a number of need based and people centered activities in the project area. Some of the main activities are: Community organizing, promoting savings and credit managements among SHGs, Income Generation Programs, Youth Development, women and children development, rural literacy, natural resource management, community health and hygiene, sustainable agriculture from the past 25 years.
1. Women & Child Development Activities.
2. Watershed & Sustainable Agriculture.
3. Youth Development Activities.
4. Comprehensive Community Health.
5. Natural Resources Management.
6. Land Mobilizations for Land Less.
To initiate Socio-Economic, Educational and Health development Programs in Rural and Urban areas. To accomplish the mission, PARIVARTANA strategizes by: • Enabling the poor and underprivileged get opened to the realities of life • Equipping them with ability to apply their critical consciousness to discover their own inherent potentials • Exploring the avenues and opportunities to optimize their potentials with available resources. • Empowering them to take charge of their own development, to become masters of their own destiny.
SOCIAL WORK, PARIVARTHANA RURAL DEVELOPMENT SOCIETY , Shiralakoppa - Others
From April 1994 to March 2018
NOTABLE KEY ACHIEVEMENTS:
I Graduated from Professional ICRA training program, “Facing rural innovation challenges –Linking research to inclusive development for food security”, Funded by OKP-NFP fellowship the Netherlands country International Centre for development oriented Research in Agriculture [ICRA] –Wageningen. 14 May to 1 June 2018. I got Graduation from MASHAV training program, “International Course: Innovative Entrepreneurship: from an Idea to Starting a Business”, by MASHAV Israel country The Haifa, From 4-21 January, 2016.
The Construction of SHAKTHI Multipurpose Resource Centre in Shiralakoppa this is the RED LETTER DAY in the HISTORY of in my life 2007 to 2010.
Prepared and implemented the Stakeholder Engagement Plan relating to the Social, Economic, Educational, Environmental and Cultural dimensions from 1994 to 2018 in all Projects.
PRESTIGIOUS AWARDS, HONORS, PRIZES AND CAREER RECOGNITIONS:
As Founder & C.E.O. of PARIVARTHANA I Received AWARDS, HONORS and RECOGNITION as bellow:
1. Kittur Rani Channamma Award for the year 2004-05 by Department of Women and Child Development Bangalore. 2. Rajiv Gandhi Environment Award 2003 – 2004 by Ministry of Forests Environment and Ecology Government of Karnataka Bangalore. 3. Best Youth Organization Award of the District for the year 1996-97 from NYKS Department of Youth Affairs and Sports Ministry. 4. District youth award 1994-95. NYKS Department of Youth Affairs and Sports Ministry. 5. PRATHIBHA PURASKAR AWARD 1999 Chandan Junior Chamber Shikaripura.
1. India Leader For Tomorrow Award: 2003 by Sir Ratan Tata Trust, Mumbai and Indian Social Services, New Delhi. 2. Micro Finance Process Excellence Award 2006, awarded by the ABN–AMRO– BANK NV & Pla Net Finance India–New Delhi. -2013, Honored by, International Institute For Social 3. National Samaja Bhushan Award and Economic Reforms Bangalore. 4.Swamy Vivekananda National Samaja Ratna Award; 2007, Conferred by Sri Laxmi Institute for Women and Rural Development-Dharwad. 5. Fellowship 1998-99, OXFAM India Trust, Secundarbad OXFAM-UK, Granting a Fellowship on Rural Development.
1. Grant Assistance Award 2007-2008, Ministry of Foreign Affairs Govt of JAPAN, Consul General of Japan at Chennai , The Project for the Construction of SHAKTHI a Multipurpose Resource Centre. supported under GGP Scheme. The Grant Asst Award US Dollar $ 65,403 Rs;26.25,211/-. 2. Shadaksharappa & Tara charities USA- Award 2002; PARIVARTHANA For the outstanding contribution in the field of Environment Conservation & Rural Development the Society was honored by the Resource Recovery Project of USA on 01/01/2002. The Award consist of $ 870 Rs.41965/- and an appreciation letter. 3. Karmaveer Puraskaar & Nobal Laureates Award 2013-14”, for outstanding achievements in the field of SOCIAL SERVICES Lifetime Achievement KVP. Honored by, International Confederation of NGOs – iCONGOs New Dehli on 27-02-2014.
Capacity Building Programme
ICRA-International Centre for development oriented Research in Agriculture, Wageningen The Netherlands. - OKP-NFP fellowship
0000 à 2018
The ICRA International Course. “Facing rural innovation challenges –Linking research to inclusive development for food security”.
ICRA-International Centre for development oriented Research in Agriculture, P.O. Box 578, 6700AN Wageningen, the Netherlands. Funded by OKP-NFP fellowship the Netherlands (Dutch) Ministry of Foreign Affairs GOVT of The Netherlands.