Development Dialogue | Engaged Scholarship for Development: Building Solidarity, Peace and Social Justice
In collaboration with EADI ISS 2020 Conference, the International Institute of Social Studies (ISS) is organizing the 17th edition of the Development Dialogue (DD) on June 29 and 30, 2020 in The Hague. The theme for this year’s conference is “Engaged Scholarship for Development: Building Solidarity, Peace and Social Justice”.
The Development Dialogue is the annual European conference of PhD candidates working in development studies. ISS invites PhDs and early-career researchers in development studies to share ideas on their research methodologies, findings and experiences towards solidarity, peace and social justice.
Call for abstracts
In line with the theme of the EADI conference, the DD17 will explore questions including:
- How and why do we, as engaged PhD researchers, contribute to solidarity, peace and social justice?
- How can we find new understandings to the concept of ‘development’, through the lenses of solidarity, peace and social justice?
- What are the limits and opportunities for engaged scholarship and activism around global development issues?
We would like to invite participants to reflect on any aspect of solidarity, peace and social justice, under the thematic areas including, but not limited to:
- Social movements.
- Agrarian development.
- Conflict and security.
- Gender equality.
- Environment and sustainable development.
- Health and education.
- Humanitarian aid.
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Public policy and international law.
Guidelines and deadline for submission
The deadline for submission of abstracts is 15 January 2020.
Notification of accepted abstracts is 15 February 2020.
Check out and download the document on the website for all submission guidelines and detailed information about the Development Dialogue.
332 views Visits