On October 16, 2018, on the occasion of World Food Day, FAO and the European Commission organize and event to discuss how our actions can define a #ZeroHunger future. The event is organized under the auspices of the European Parliamentary Alliance on the Fight against hunger and wil take place at the European Parliament (room Jan 4Q2) in Brussels.
Members of the European Parliament, the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Research and Innovation and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) come together for a networking lunch, followed by a thematic discussion on the next actions to eradicate hunger by 2030 and on the contribution of research and innovation to ensuring food security and nutritious diets for all.
The session will also provide feedback and build on the findings of the recent 2nd FOOD 2030 High Level Event that took place in Plovdiv under the auspices of the Bulgarian Presidency on June 14-15, 2018.
- MEP Paolo De Castro, Vice-Chair of the Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development, Coordinator of the Parliamentary Alliance on the Fight Against Hunger, S&D
- John Bell, Director for Bioeconomy, Directorate-General for Research and Innovation, European Commission
- Rodrigo de Lapuerta Montoya, Director of the Liaison Office with the European Union and Belgium, FAO
- Emile Frison, Expert on Conservation and Agricultural Biodiversity, IPES-Food
- Nevena Alexandrova–Stefanova, Agricultural Innovation Systems and Knowledge Sharing Officer, FAO
- Roberta Sonnino, Vicechair of FOOD 2030 EG report and Professor of Environnmental Policy, Cardiff University
For more information and to register, click here.
202 views Visits