We celebrate The Week of the International Student every year around the Day of the International Student (17 November). This year the week takes place from 16 - 22 November. During this week higher education institutions and vocational education and training institutions in the Netherlands put students with international experience in the spotlight. This includes Dutch students who study abroad.
In the Week of the International Student, Avans Univeristy of Applied Sciences is organizing the International Orientation Days on 20, 21 and 22 November:
The international study programmes of Avans University of Applied Sciences prepare you for excellent career opportunities in a range of professional areas. We are pleased to offer you the unique opportunity to get a taster of our courses, explore our campus and meet lecturers and current students before applying. Our multiple day Orientation Days programme helps you find out whether Avans and its study programmes fit you. We are happy to provide you with accommodation and meals free of charge.
What you can expect
- Detailed information about the study programmes Finance & Control (international), International Business in Breda and ‘s-Hertogenbosch, Environmental Science for Sustainable Energy and Technology and Industrial Engineering & Management.
- The opportunity to meet current students and lecturers.
- The chance to take get a taster of our courses and experience our interactive teaching style.
- An introduction to the city of Breda or ‘s-Hertogenbosch, depending on where your study programme is based.
- The opportunity to explore our campus facilities.
Join International Business in Breda or ‘s-Hertogenbosch
Avans offers the Bachelor of International Business both in the city of Breda and in the city of ‘s-Hertogenbosch. Although the programmes have the same name, they differ in course content.
Please indicate on your registration form whether you wish to explore the programme in only one or in both cities. Should you decide to try out both programmes, your programme will be extended to include an extra day at the Avans campus in ‘s-Hertogenbosch on 22 November 2019. In this case you will travel to ‘s-Hertogenbosch on 21 November to spend the night there.
Day 1 - 20 November
|12:00 noon – 1:00 p.m.||Arrival and welcome in Breda|
|1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.||First day of the programme|
|6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.||Dinner with students|
Day 2 - 21 November
|09:30 a.m.||Assemble at the hotel|
|10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||Second day of the programme|
|4:00 p.m.||Closing session|
Day 3 - 22 November - only for students visiting International Business in Breda and/or ‘s-Hertogenbosch
|9:00 a.m.||Assemble at the hotel in ‘s-Hertogenbosch|
|9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||Third day of the programme|
|4:00 p.m.||Closing session|
You are invited
If you are a high school student from abroad and you are interested in pursuing a full-time four-year study programme at Avans University of Applied Sciences, you are more than welcome to join us. Please make sure you are not required to have a visa to visit the Netherlands. Note that you can participate in this programme only once.
What Avans offers you
- A one-night stay in a hotel in Breda and/or 's-Hertogenbosch within walking distance of Avans. Note that you may be expected to share a room with a few other participants.
- Catering during the programme.
- A two- or three-day programme during which you will get the full Avans experience.
You can enjoy this offering free of charge on the condition that you take part in the full programme.
More information about this event can be found on the website.
180 views Visits