Water resources management and food security is at the core of current socio-economic and environmental issues. This course is aimed at updating participants' knowledge with state-of-the-art technologies, tools and practices in the field of water resources management to achieve food security, and to update and provide new tools for water management in food production.
More specific objectives are:
- Provide an overview of state-of-the-art hydrological tools needed to assess water resources management options.
- Discuss and understand climate change scenarios in relation to water management and food security.
- Review and discuss water resources management in agricultural practices in Latin America.
- Discuss gender equality and women's empowerment in water management.
- Create a space of professional and scientific exchange among water professionals of the region.
Deadline IHE application: 24 September 2017 - 23.59 (CET)
147 views Visits