[Vacancy] Development Manager at Erasmus Training Centre, Jakarta
|Contact||Alex van Veen|
|Publication date||Mar 15, 2017 09:17 AM|
Erasmus Training Centre (ETC), based in Jakarta, Indonesia, is currently looking for a Development Manager (deadline: 26 March 2017).
The Erasmus Training Centre (ETC), formerly known as Erasmus Taalcentrum or Erasmus Language Centre is based in Jakarta on the compound of the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The ETC has provided Dutch language and culture courses to more than 1,200 Indonesians on a yearly basis since 1981.
After going through a period of restructuring the ETC is currently entering a new phase in which it has to evolve from a language centre specialised in Dutch language and culture courses into a training centre with a more diverse course provision catering for a wider and more diverse audience. This development is taking place in close cooperation between the Embassy, several Dutch higher education institutions and EP-Nuffic, the Dutch organisation for internationalisation in education.
The new ETC will not only offer Dutch language and culture training, but will move to a broader and more diverse training provision. The new programmes offered will still have a strong link with the Netherlands, and can include for example English language training for students aspiring to study in the Netherlands, academic preparation courses and skills training for Indonesian staff of Dutch and Indonesian firms.
ETC is currently looking to recruit a development manager in order to make the next step in becoming a training centre. The new manager is expected to implement and where necessary improve the business plan to come to a new improved ETC. The successful candidate will be a responsible, proactive and result-driven individual, who combines excellent management skills with proven commercial acumen and knowledge of the education sector (esp. language, cultural and skills training).
RESULT AREAS AND RESULTS
- Diversification and extension of the curriculum
- High levels of customer satisfaction
- Financial sustainability
- New governance structure
- Extended network in Dutch and Indonesian Education and cultural field
- Extended network in local government
- Extended network with other educational institutes or organisations
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- In cooperation with the office manager day-to-day management of the Erasmus Training Centre (office management, budget management, activity planning);
- Implement and improve the existing business plan, with special attention to the second stream of activities developed by participating education institutes;
- Implement marketing and promotion strategies for the existing Dutch language and culture programmes and cooperate with participating education institutes in that field;
- Investigate and develop the market for English language programmes aimed at students who have the ambition to study in the Netherlands;
- Explore education options for Dutch students planning to study or stay in Indonesia;
- Explore options to further diversify the training provision;
- Provide input for the new governance structure that is currently being developed and support its implementation;
- Develop further cooperation with the Faculty of Dutch Language at the Universitas Indonesia;
- Maintain a network of contacts with prospective participants, suppliers, press, government, corporations and other stakeholders.
- HR management of staff incl. part-time teachers
The development Manager works independently and gives account to the trustee council on a monthly base about progress and finance.
- Indonesian and other foreign Educational Institutes;
- Indonesian local government;
- Dutch or Dutch related companies in Indonesia;
- Indonesian cultural Institutes
- Trustee council with representatives of Nuffic Neso, Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Dutch Educational Institutes;
LEVEL OF EDUCATION / ADDITIONAL TRAINING, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimal Bachelor’s degree (S1) preferably in a relevant field (e.g. Economics/Business or Education related)
- Excellent English and Bahasa Indonesia skills in speaking and writing
- Knowledge of Dutch is a distinct advantage
- Preferably a personal or professional link with the Netherlands
- Experience in living/working in an international environment
- Management experience is highly desirable
- Understanding of business development in relation to education
- Up to date knowledge and operational expertise in the field of (online) marketing
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Computer literate especially in MS office applications
- Able to work in a team and independently
- Willing and able to work and travel outside regular office hours
The ETC employs around 24 teachers on a freelance base and has at the moment a fulltime office manager and a part-time webmaster and administrative officer. ETC is based on the premises of the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Kuningan, Jakarta. Next to the ETC there is also a department of the University of Leiden and the Erasmus Huis (A Dutch Cultural Center). The ETC building consists of 8 classrooms, two computer rooms and a number of offices. The ETC is open every workday, including two evenings and on Saturday.
For more information about the vacancy, please contact:
Alex van Veen +62 21 524 1083
Please send your application letter and curriculum vitae to
firstname.lastname@example.org, before March 26, 2017