- Nationality: Russian
- Age: 29
- Field of study: Finance/Supply Chain
- Current employer: Blanco Services BV
- Current position: Finance Controller
Why I started my career in the Netherlands
After 27 years in Moscow I decided to move to Europe, and my choice was given to the Netherlands due to the following reasons:
- It is relatively close to my motherland;
- It is easy to stay here after finishing studies;
- It is possible to find a job in the field of my experience;
- Everyone speaks English here, but to be honest I love Dutch language;
- I just feel that this country is my place to be :)
A typical work week
Being a right hand of CFO in a start-up my working weeks are never the same!
Having full flexibility of working from Rotterdam/Amsterdam/home I am building and handling finance processes starting from dealing with accountants, paying out salaries, monitoring outstanding debts, and ending up with identifying opportunities for savings, optimizing order-to-cash flow and solving business cases. It all goes in line with developing risks framework and other policies-writing tasks. At the same time, I am preparing reports for investors, attending FinTech events and meet-ups and applying for start-up awards.
Looking for investors and subsidies in order to raise funds was an exciting time!
What I like about the Dutch work mentality
I like their flexibility and attitude to work-life balance.
My career advice to you
Do networking and learn Dutch!
Want to connect?!