When you have found a job and a residence permit is needed in order for you to be in the Netherlands, the highly skilled migrants permit is generally the best option. First your employer needs to gain a status with the IND as host organisation for highly skilled migrants. But once that is arranged, your employer can apply a residence permit for you, as long as you belong to one of the subcategories. 


One is eligible for a highly skilled migrant residence permit if:

  • One is 30 or over and earns over four thousand euros a month gross. For 2018 this rate is set to €4404.
  • One is under 30 years and earns €3,229 gross per month.

More information on the highly skilled migrant permit can be found on the IND website.