Start your own Holland alumni network
Information on starting your own Holland alumni network.
If you want to start a Holland alumni network, you should read some of the experiences of the ones already established. You should also follow the general guidelines set out below.
- Find four or five other enthusiastic alumni: together you will be the founding members.
- Define the alumni association’s objectives. Write a strategic plan using the template (see 'Format Strategic Plan' under Downloads below).
- Formulate a concrete action plan which focuses on recruitment of members, activities that can be explored and expanded, and anything else you can think of.
- Contact an existing Holland Alumni Association for advice. For addresses please look at the list of existing Holland Alumni Associations.
- Register your alumni association by obtaining Official Registration (see 'Format By-laws NAA' for association in NFP countries, and 'Format By laws' for associations in other countries under Downloads below).
- If there is one, contact the Nuffic Neso office or the Netherlands Education Information Office in your country.
- Contact the Netherlands Embassy in your country (you can find the contact information on the website of the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Missions abroad) and invite them to become an official partner, e.g. as an external advisor or an Honorary Board Member.
- Find potential members of your Holland Alumni Association through the Holland Alumni Directory.
- Try and establish contact with your former institution in the Netherlands for other alumni addresses in your country.
- Consider formalising a standard annual subscription fee for members in order to help finance the organisation and its activities.
- Try one of the online training modules especially designed for starting Alumni Associations.
Good luck with your plans!